The Online Care Certificate Course is designed for people new into care, with the non-regulated workforce in mind.
The Care Certificate is an identified set of standards for Health Care Assistants, Assistant Practitioners, Care Support Workers and those giving support to clinical roles in the NHS where there is any direct contact with patients.
It gives everyone the confidence that workers have the same introductory skills, knowledge and behaviours to provide compassionate, safe and high-quality care and support.
The Care Certificate is based on 15 standards, all of which individuals need to complete in full before they can be awarded their certificate. They are as follows:
- Understand your role
- Your personal development
- Duty of care
- Equality and diversity
- Work in a person-centred way
- Privacy and dignity
- Fluids and nutrition
- Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disability
- Safeguarding adults
- Safeguarding Children
- Basic Life Support
- Health and Safety
- Handling information
- Infection prevention and control
Each standard in the care certificate online course is underpinned by full learning outcomes and assessment criteria.
Who Should Undertake the Online Care Certificate Training?
- Health Care Assistants
- Assistant Practitioners
- Care Support Workers and those giving support to clinical roles in the NHS where there is any direct contact with patients. Care Support Workers means Adult Social Care workers giving direct care in residential and nursing homes and hospices, home care workers and domiciliary care staff.
These staff are referred to collectively as Healthcare Support Workers (HCSW)/ Adult Social Care Workers (ASCW). Other roles may be included where achievement of all of the standards is possible.
As some of these roles would be very different in health and social care it is up to the employer to decide whether the Care Certificate is appropriate. However, to be awarded the Care Certificate, you must meet all of the outcomes and assessment requirements for all 15 standards.
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Duration: 17 Hours (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
Exam & Certification
All modules within the full care certificate course come complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £4.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.
Ask A Question
Bulk Buy for Organisations
If you are looking to buy this course for multiple members of staff or a large group, please contact us.
We offer very competitive volume discounts for users looking to enroll multiple candidates on to any of our online training courses & qualifications.
Additionally, once you’ve completed the full care certificate course, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other online care training courses.
Our statutory, mandatory and specialist health and social care training courses are delivered in line with the relevant UK legislation and recommended practice including:
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Alignment to the Skills for Health’s Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF)
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- The Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Qualifications and Credits Framework (QCF)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) revalidation for registered nurses and midwives