The Care Certificate Standard 10: Safeguarding Adults will give you the knowledge and skills you need to safeguard and protect adults in your workplace.
The good news is that you don’t need any previous qualifications to take this course. It is designed to encourage your own personal development in an area important to you.
The material in this program will answer many questions for employers, employees and the service user.
Note that “Safeguarding Adults” has become the recognised term currently used by most organisations. Previously, the terms PoVA (Protection of Vulnerable Adults) and SoVA (Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults) were used. These terms mean the same thing and are interchangeable.
Upon successful completion of the learning materials and achieving the required score in the multiple-choice examination, a certificate will be awarded to confirm your achievement.
This Care Certificate Standard 10 consists of four modules:
Module 1: Safeguarding Legislation
- Who is a 'vulnerable adult?'
- Six principles of the care act 2014
- Change in practice
- Safeguarding adults boards (SABs)
- Serious Adult Reviews
- Organisational involvement
- The Disclosure and Barring Service
- The CQC - making sure regulations are followed
- Your part in protecting vulnerable adults
- Whistle blowing
- Mental Capacity Act
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS)
Module 2: Understanding Abuse and Neglect
- Abuse and Neglect (often called elder abuse and neglect)
- Types of Neglect
- Types of Abuse
- How to recognise neglect and abuse
- Possible Causes of Self-Neglect
- Possible Causes of Elder Abuse
- Reporting Abuse
Module 3: Understanding Importance of Communication In Care
- What is communication?
- Different types of Communication
- Barriers to Communication
- Abusive Communication
- Written Communications
Module 4: Challenging Behaviour
- What is challenging behaviour?
- The ‘ABC’ of Behaviour
- Common Law - Assault and Battery
- Risk Assessment
- Course Details
- exam & certification
- ask a question
- additional information
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
The Care Certificate Standard 10 comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.