The Drug Calculation training is an online course that has been designed to allow any nursing or health and social care practitioner to develop the knowledge and understanding needed for safe and effective drug calculations and the administration of medicines to patients.
It covers formulas to convert between units and calculate doses, as well as covering basic math skills that will be needed.
The Drug Calculation training consists of four key modules:
Module 1: Drug Calculations
- Unit conversions
- Calculating unit conversions
- Tablet conversions
- Liquid calculations
- Rates of infusion
Module 2: Key Terms
- Therapeutic Index
- Half Life
- Steady State
Module 3: Legislation and Medication (Including Care Regulators)
- NICE Guidelines on Managing Medicines in Care Homes
- Care Regulators and Regulations
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
Module 4: What Is a Medicine?
- Defining drugs and medicines
- The MHRA and Borderline Products
- Categories of medicines
On completion of this drug calculation course, you will:
- Understand the need for basic arithmetical skills in drug calculations and demonstrate competency in this area using interactive exercises
- Avoid drug errors by adopting a standardised approach to drug dose calculations, including converting between different SI units
- Know how to record and report drug dosage errors in practice
- course details
- Exam & certification
- Ask a Question
- Additional Info
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Duration: 1 Hour (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Certificate Cost: Free To Download Online As A PDF. Hard copies Sent To Your Address For £3.99 (Optional)
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
The Online Drug Calculation Training course comes complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Dedicates Commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £3.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.
Additionally, once you’ve completed this course, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other CPD medication administration training courses.