The online Information Governance training provides you with an introduction to information governance; covering, source of information, uses of information, legal and professional obligations, key information and governance principles.
We handle other people’s information everyday – from personal data such as a person’s name and address, to more sensitive information, such as their health or financial records.
If this information is stolen, not recorded accurately, or is lost or disclosed to unauthorised people, then the implications for that personal and for your organisation, could be very serious.
In this course, you will learn:
- The importance of keeping data secure and what needs to be protected
- The main threats to data and data systems
- The basics of cyber security
- Key steps to keeping data secure in the workplace
- How to protect information whilst working on the move
- What is information governance?
- Why it is important/ the legal duty
- The New Data Protection Act
- The Data Protection Principles
- The GDPR
- The ICO
- Data Controller and Data Processor
- Subject Access Requests
- Threats and risks to information security
- Most common causes of Data Breaches
- Special categories of Personal Data
- Cyber Security – Networks
- Cyber Security – Emails
- Human error – Emails
- Other communications
- Sharing details
- Working with people’s information
- Information in the workplace – A clear desk policy
- Information in the workplace – Securing your workspace
- Home working and portable storage
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
Additionally, once you’ve completed the Information Governance training course, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other CPD Courses.