This course bundle includes statutory and mandatory training for nurses.
Statutory training is usually required by law or where a statutory body has instructed an organisation to provide training on the basis of specific legislation (e.g. the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999).
Your employer may refer to these requirements as 'essential' or 'compulsory' training. These course modules ensure that you have the knowledge to maintain a healthy and safe working environment for yourself and your colleagues.
Statutory and mandatory training for nurses are applicable to both new and existing nurses, offering opportunities to refresh or improve your knowledge.
Statutory Courses Include:
- Health and Safety
- Fire Safety
- Manual Handling
- Risk Assessment
Mandatory training is compulsory training that is determined essential by an organisation for the safe and efficient delivery of services.
This type of training is designed to reduce organisational risks and comply with local or national policies and government guidelines. Some organisations use the terms essential or compulsory training as a ‘catch all’ to cover both mandatory and statutory training.
Mandatory Courses Include:
- Blood Transfusion
- Safeguarding Adults
- Record Keeping for Nurses
- Complaints Handling
- Conflict Resolution
- Display Screen Equipment
- Equality, Diversity and Human Rights
- Bullying and Harassment
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Information Governance
- Mental Capacity
- Control and Administration of Medicines
- Slips, Trips, and Falls
Type: Online Interactive User-Friendly Training With Downloadable Documentation
Accreditation: Nationally Recognised CPD Accredited Courses
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Duration: 20 Hours (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Exam & Assessment
Certificate: A CPD Accredited Certificate is Instantly Available Upon Completion
Exam Type: Online Multiple Choice Assessment
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Exam Retakes: Unlimited Retakes At No Extra Cost
Exam & Certification
All modules within our Mandatory Training for Nurses package come complete with a multiple choice exam and a nationally recognised CPD Certificate.
What Are The Benefits of CPD
- Gain new skills
- Improve job prospects
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Tracks prior learning
- Up-to-date with your job requirements
- Enhance your CV
- Help lead the way to further education
- Demonstrates commitment and value
- Preparation for promotion
Multiple Choice Assessment
- Once you have completed the learning you will participate in a multiple-choice assessment.
- A pass mark of 75% is required.
- The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade.
- We offer an unlimited pass guarantee.
- Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, with our unlimited pass guarantee can retake the test as many times as you wish to at no extra cost.
Nationally Recognised Certification
- All our courses are accredited by the CPD and are nationally recognised.
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available.
- The certificate will display the CPD logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
- Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £4.99. These are purchased once the course is completed online.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system to peruse for your future reference.
Ask A Question
Bulk Buy for Organisations
If you are looking to buy this course for multiple members of staff or a large group, please contact us.
We offer very competitive volume discounts for users looking to enroll multiple candidates on to any of our online training courses & qualifications.
Additionally, once you’ve completed our Mandatory Training for Nurses bundle, you may be interested in deepening your skills and knowledge with one of our other online care training courses.
Our statutory, mandatory and specialist health and social care training courses are delivered in line with the relevant UK legislation and recommended practice including:
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Alignment to the Skills for Health’s Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF)
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- The Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Qualifications and Credits Framework (QCF)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) revalidation for registered nurses and midwives
Mandatory training usually requires annual updates, depending on your role and organisational requirements.
The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) does not set specific requirements stating how often mandatory training must be undertaken or completed. However, the NMC does require that registrants remain trained and competent. Your employer is free to set their own protocols and policies on training which all staff are contractually obliged to follow.